Software TesterApply for this position
- £32,000 – £40,000
Job reference SA-4695
Principal accountabilities include:
- Ensuring that all application releases have a documented test plan which is completed to agreed
- quality standards prior to release.
- Ensuring desktop builds have a documented for all tier 1 applications
- Ensuring Operating System patches are fully tested before release on desktop
- Ensuring that all instances of non-conformance with specifications are identified, logged and tracked through to closure.
- Ensuring that all defects and problems are identified, logged and tracked through to closure, both pre-release and post-release.
- Ensuring that all defects are prioritised by reference to business impact, and that management and end-users are kept informed of the status of bugs, workarounds and fixes.
- Devising, documenting and implementing structured test methods and processes.
- Devising appropriate, cost and time-effective test strategies.
- Preparing manual test plans and preparing/creating automated test plans.
- Create the functional decomposition of applications as part of feature testing and develop test
- coverage matrices to maximize testing efficiency.
- Use optimization techniques to minimize the number of test cases and time effort while
- maximizing test coverage.
- Maintaining awareness of changes to applications, the operational environment and identifying
- interdependencies to conduct integrated systems testing.
- Conducting manual and automated testing of applications.
- Executing Test Scripts to cover functional, accessibility, capability and regression testing.
- Identifying, logging, prioritising and tracking all instances of non-conformance with requirements and technical specifications.
- Identifying, diagnosing, logging, prioritising and tracking bugs, issues and other problems during pre-release testing and as reported by end-user’s post-release.
- Investigating actual and potential defects in a collaborative manner with colleagues and suppliers.
- Identify trends to enable targeting of remedial work to high-impact areas.
- Assisting the IT Service desk to diagnose and resolve problems systems and applications in a timely manner to the department’s SLAs.
- Communicating with colleagues, suppliers, management and end users as to the status of bugs, issues and problems.
- Creating QA status report for assigned projects.
- Assisting in the preparing of internal and end-user documentation.
Experience and Skills Required
- ISTQB Certified Tester
- Agile Testing
- Bachelor’s degree in computing or a related discipline is essential
- Business and customer service focussed
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to work constructively with the team and users to resolve problems
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Structured and methodical approach to work
- Accurate and detail-focussed, but able to work to tight deadlines and changing priorities
- This is the job description as constituted at present; however, the
- Firm reserves the right to reasonably amend it in accordance with
- the changing needs of the business.
- Able to communicate with a variety of technical and non-technical audiences in a clear manner
- In writing, in the form of emails and other technical and non-technical documentation
- Substantial software testing experience:
- Preparation and execution of test scripts from specifications
- Creation and execution of test plans using automated tools
- Use of defect tracking tools and reporting
- Experience of TFS
- Broad exposure to web, desktop, database and reporting applications
- Understanding of software development cycle and exposure to .Net/SQL development process
- Understanding of Operating system patch management