(Senior) Data Engineer – ETL / Azure Database Technologies / SQL / AgileApply for this position
- Central London
- Up to £500/day
Job reference MS056
Do you want to be part of a growing fast-paced and ambitious team, enjoy exposure to different, new technologies, a buzzing work environment, and a great rate? Are you passionate about data?
Then this might be the role for you:
A leading global eCommerce company based in Central London is currently recruiting for a (Senior) Data Engineer with strong experience in the Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSAS and SSRS), Microsoft SQL server, ETL, C#/PowerShell/T-SQL and the Microsoft Azure Database Technologies (ideally Azure Data Factory (ADF) and Azure Data Warehouse (USQL DWH)).
• Work as part of a diverse, new and growing cross-functional agile team, which forms part of a wider Data Services Team.
• Work on the design and development of a large-scale, high-volume and high-performance data platform,
• Build large-scale ingestion and transformation pipelines an incorporate modern cloud-based technologies and frameworks.
• Creating and maintaining analytical extracts
• Purpose of the role: support the Insights Analytics department by delivering a single platform to streamline data to be able to make timely business-critical decisions
• Previous data engineering experience
• Experience working in large-scale data environments.
• Experience with various big data integration techniques, integration patterns, as well as the technologies and products used to implement them
• Working experience with unstructured big data, including data modelling and processing techniques (ETL, ELT, LETS) for big data systems especially in cloud environments.
• Exposure to the Microsoft Azure platform, especially Azure Data Factory (ADF) and Azure Data Warehouse (U-SQL DWH).
• Experience working in an agile development environment; successful candidate will be highly-adaptable, not afraid to get their hands dirty, “fail fast, learn quick”-attitude
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communications skills.
• Database unit-test and integration test experience with automated testing frameworks and tools such as tSQLt, SpecFlow
• Core programming experience of one of the following: T-SQL, C# or PowerShell
• Experience with Azure Data Lake Analytics and U-SQL
• Understanding of Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark)
• Familiarity with infrastructure considerations for data and system integration.
• Broad knowledge of the design and implementation of applications’ build, release, deployment, and configuration activities: o Integration tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins
- Continuous Delivery and Release Management tools such as VSTS and Octopus Deploy
- Source control tools such as Git and Team Foundation Version Control
Rate on offer is up to £500/day (negotiable if you tick all the boxes!). Three month rolling contract.
Get in touch now for a great contract opportunity.
Are you looking for a permanent role? Do get in touch as well.
020 3167 3165 or email@example.com